Friday, August 25, 2006

Isn't it rather strange that an attention seeker like Janis Joplin would sing a song like "Me and my Bobby McGee"? It is even more strange that she sang these few lines in the same song :

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
Nothin', that's all that Bobby left me, yeah
But, feelin' good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues
Hey, feelin' good was good enough for me, Mm-hmm
Good enough for me and my Bobby Mcgee

And in another song, she sings in a very atrocious voice, which, obviously is to draw to herself the attention she always seeked in her life :
This is a song of great political and social importance

Oh lord, wont you buy me a mercedes benz ?
My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So lord, wont you buy me a mercedes benz ?

Another time, a photographer wanted to shoot her, and she started stripping. The photographer explained to her that he would rather have her with her clothes on, but she stripped anyway, and that photograph is, till date, the most famous photograph of Janis Joplin.

Ironically, a few months before her death, it is said, that someone told her, "We actually liked you."

Though this be madness, yet there is a method in't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did hear that song and found it pretty nice. Haven't heard much of her, but by far, Bobby McGee is my favourite