Saturday, August 27, 2011



I haven't had the time to think and write something, however, I have been constantly reminded that my blog hasn't seen much activity recently. What post can I write without having a clear idea of what I am going to write? I had been to Shimla recently, and I clicked some interesting shots of doors and windows. This post is dedicated to portals.




Peeping through the windows of the dramatics society. I bet it must be grand inside.



The State Bank of India is fortified against robbery as a bank should be.



Shimla is Changing.




Rows of colourful windows. There is a skating rink inside this.



Is this a playschool? I was half tempted to enhance the colours on this photo in gimp to make the teddy bears more colourful, but I stayed away from any modification as I wanted the original colour of the bricks and the wood of the window to remain unchanged.


If one saw this balcony, one would think it is in Chandni Chowk, except that the moss would give it away. Somehow, this balcony didn't belong here.


How did the glass break?


Again, this looks like a Calcutta building, but it is Shimla.


I loved the broken wall.


And finally, the doors to reach the Lord are closed.

3 comments:

Sh@s said...

Cool pics. I have never tried clicking windows. Will try it. Liked the red windows and the broken red wall.

Ravi said...

gud stuff!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ravi, Shas.